Tuesday, September 28, 2010

earthquake

As it turns out, and as I had anticipated, my mother, her boyfriend, and my grandparents all had no recollection of seeing the movie.  My family has never been terribly into television or movies.  Anyway, I called my aunt and uncle, thinking perhaps I would have more luck there.  Neither remembered the movie that well...they blamed it on something like a lot of pot smoking happening in the seventies...dead brain cells...being in college...that sort of thing.  At first, my aunt thought she remembered the earthquake of 72, when her brother, who lived in San Francisco, was visiting her.  They were watching a Phillies game and the earthquake struck, the news of which interrupted the game, and memories of seeing a bridge out and cars driving off the edge...something about a cow.  Anyway, as my uncle corrected, she was actually remembering the earthquake of 89, and the cow was in a wildfire, not the earthquake.  So I really have nothing to say about the film itself, except that over the course of 40 years, memories certainly do fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment