Sunday, October 10, 2010

mztv

I still can't get over this website.  The way it's made, I mean.  I'm in awe.  There's a lot of interesting content on here, too, but the way it's made is what gets me.  
The page with the quotes was really cool - the way it magnified different sections, but also a little bit of a hassle to use.  There were some quotes I liked a whole lot, too; I felt that part of the website did a really good job capturing different sentiments about television.  Still, it seemed everyone was essentially saying the same thing differently: that television is undesirable because it can consume our lives and become our connection to the world, making human interaction almost unnecessary by making loneliness tolerable, but it is fantastic for being such an escape from reality.  A brilliant form of visual art and communication that is so wonderful, it becomes dangerous.  At any rate, I loved this: "Don't you wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence?  There's one marked "Brightness" but it doesn't work." (http://mztv.com/mz.asp)  
The way the Marilyn Monroe page was set up and interactive was pretty interesting, too.  I never thought about the fact that movie stars almost need TV to become real stars.  TV is a large part of the way we find out about new movies coming out.  I thought it was really interesting that Marilyn had only been on TV three times, but after her death, when she appeared on TV a lot, she became even more famous than she probably ever would have otherwise.
I couldn't get any of the 3D models to work on my computer, which I thought was pretty disappointing.  I'll try on my work computer tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment