Tuesday, October 26, 2010

ok.

A couple of y'all haven't put your grid projects up to comment on yet, so I'm gonna comment on those projects here [I borrowed Drake's computer this time, so I was actually able to comment on most of the blogs]
Anyway...
Bianca: I agree with Santi- this project would be awesome bigger! Not even necessarily confessional big, but even just end table big.  You have a really, really interesting idea here.  The box you found is seriously awesome, and the project you created for it was perfect!
Nate:  I love love the map - it's really cool.  Very clever execution - it takes a second look to catch exactly what's going on, which I enjoy.  You have a really interesting contrast happening between the colors and the background squares.  Love your choice of material.
Matt:  Really, really interesting.  I love the red squares in the background and the way they complexly interact.  I definitely agree with your thought to bring out the colors, but I also really love the piece from the back.  It's still successful and  interesting, but in an accidental sort of way.
Natasha:  Love the ocean theme, and a really intriguing shape.  I loved the screen pieces where the grid overlaps and the wax interrupts the geometric shapes happening.  The glass adds a color that I love.  It reminds me of a net catching bits of the sea.
Alaina:  Really cool; it reminds me of an instrument or an abacus or something.  I really liked the your choice of colors and materials - the tennis racket is a very cool place to start.
Thuy:  I love it!  It looks like a decorative carpet - so soft!  It's absolutely beautiful, and the portrait is amazing.  I like the way you included your name; it definitely adds something.  The border is perfect to ground the image, and I love that you used a grayscale. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment